Monday, October 15, 2007

Long Overdue...Color Response

Overall, I really enjoyed this project. It was a successful transition into color photography after being so intimate with black and white in previous years and gave me that last little taste with my manual 35 mm camera. I struggled a bit initially with the idea of presenting the scanned image with the color slide image, but I just forced myself to not think ahead about it and just take pictures. I was pleased with my final products, especially the dog tail/handkerchief and the door/lavender. I struggled a bit with the scanning process, but eventually figured it all out. There were some technical problems and also a few mistakes on my part in regards to pixels. I think it was a good chance to get used to unfamiliar technology and figure out what I was doing wrong and correct myself. After only a few weeks of using my digital camera, I found in amusing and also frustrating that I would take a picture with my manual SLR and immediately look at the back to preview the image.

No comments: